Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day Two

Morning. Day two.

7:30am came quickly. Joshua David and I began our day by cleaning up poop and pee in Chuck's dinning room from one of the dogs. Thank God for tile floors, sandwich bags and paper towels. One thing is for sure though, those dogs are very regular. Not runny, just....right.

Anyway, after our cleaning I decided to read Hosea. As I began reading over 11:10-11

"10 They shall go after the Lord;
he will roar like a lion;
when he roars,
his children shall come trembling from the west;
11 they shall come trembling like birds from Egypt,
and like doves from the land of Assyria,
and I will return them to their homes, declares the Lord."

One of the dogs barked really loud as I read that, it startled me and I began to really think about a lion roaring. That would make me tremble. If the Lord is like that I would be freaked out. I don't think I have reverence for the Lord's power and jealous love. I often think of God in terms of Christianity; Lord of believers not of the universe. I tend to marginalize his power. Other times I will only think of him in a personal sense; sovereign over my life not the world. Thoughts like these tend to de-elevate God I think. At the very least these thoughts steal my reverence for the Lord.

The roaring Lord. Roaring to get our attention and bring us back to him. That is commanding and bold. That is the strong God. Do we hear him roar? Do we want to?

After some time in scripture Chuck and the Mrs. rolled in. We said hi, they said hi, Chuck bounced, we bounced.

After a stop at the Shell Gas station (I got 3 cents off every gallon for being a shell card member: sweet!) and a stop at the D's (McDonald's) we headed to Hoover...Dam it is as big as he was. (Get it? That is a pun).

Next stop the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon will draw reverence out of you. The drive afterward to Albuquerque New Mexico however just draws insanity out of you.

Day three was around the corner, along with a Waffle House. More about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment