Saturday, August 8, 2009

Here is my question Lord, " I live on earth, which is yours. You live in heaven--I know you live somewhere b/c you are alive and say you have a kingdom and went there.

How is prayer our medium of communication? How does it work? Do I close my eyes or look to the sky? Do I look to and listen to what you might say w/in me?

I am having a difficult time in connecting w/ you because it seems to me I am talking--whether loud or quite--to the space of my home, not to your ear. It does not seem as if I am communicating with heaven. I say this b/c by human definition communication usually involves both parties interacting. Are you interacting? If you are, is it my fault that I don't hear you? Is it unrepentant/habitual sin that is hindering the "feeling" of you? Doesn't Christ take that away from your sight so that we can talk?

Maybe I should read Calvin's book on prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment