Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Emotional Flu

I feel like I have an emotional flu. My soul is unsettled. Almost as if it needs to throw up but can not.

My stomach empathizes with my soul. I feel sick with discomfort! I don't like the "in-between stage." I want to know what to do. The uncertainty and the waiting is unsettling and hard to deal with.

I know it is necessary however, and oh what a peace there is in meditating on the hope of salvation that lies in the long arm of Jesus!

Your glory is my peace, my crown, my pillow. Your work is the weight that closes my eyes and allows me to rest in contentment tonight. Your work permeates my innermost being. May it settle my stomach and my soul. You are my portion. I have no taste for bread, yet You I will eat because You my savior and great God are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment