Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I often wish Jesus were hear to talk with. I realized for the first time today it is fitting for Him to be in Heaven.

As I am reading through a whole gospel for the first time (Matthew) it is being revealed to me that Jesus' work has personal implications for me. His life and obedience to the cross is a historical reality.

I am tackled by the intensity of what happened to him. They spit in his face when He told the truth (Matt 26:63,64,67) Coming to a deeper understanding of what He went through to rescue me from hell I now want Jesus to be in no other place than at the right hand of God enthroned in Heaven with all glory (Matt. 26:52-54, 27:45,46)

It is not an attitude of "you are too good to be around me" but rather an attitude that says "you are worthy to be in heaven receiving praise and glory. And in light of what you did I trust you when you say you will always be with me in spirit." (Matt 28:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment